Can constipation cause lower back pain?
Constipation occurs from obstructions in your system or from slow transit time through the colon. Constipation can cause lower back strain that makes it difficult to get out of bed, much less get to the bathroom. Constipation does not just affect your colon it can also influence the bowl of your back. Intestinal problem and bowel problem can also be a potent cause of lower and middle back pain. Constipation is a non-spinal factor that causes sciatica.
Sign to know if it is constipation causing your lower back pain
- The pain becomes more intense with time, and pain medication does not help
- Consistent and persistent pain that gets worse during your motions
- The pain spreads ways above your lower and middle back.
If you are suffering from constipation for a long time, it is more likely that you will suffer from back pain. This is because long-term deposition of waste in your system can build up the pressure and block your intestinal walls. When you suffer from long boats of constipation, you apply pressure to get a release. This can cause muscle cramps in your back and cause additional back pains.
Your gastrointestinal tract (GIT) is very close to your back muscle and when your intestines are clogged chance are that this will put pressure on your back muscles. This cause lower and mid back pain. Sciatica is when you are suffering from intense lower back pain that travels right down to your leg. It is a case caused by constipation. This sort of pain is usually concentrated near your buttocks, a feeling of both dull and sharp pricking pain.
Constipation is a non-spinal factor that causes sciatica, when you suffer from prolonged constipation your sciatic nerve is compressed and this causes lower and mid back pain. Constipation is often- accompanied by lower left back pain as the patient also tries to force the body to defecate, straining at the toilet, only to put even more pressure on the lower back. This can affect the rest of the body by producing pain in related areas like leg pain and hip pain.
Ways to relieve constipation and back pain
Constipation is not a funny matter if left untreated can cause a serious problem. There are both natural and pharmaceutical ways to treat constipation. The following are the natural ways to treat constipation.
- Always use probiotics because it helps introduce good bacteria into the gut in case there is an imbalance in your digestive system causing constipation.
- Dehydration sometimes causes constipation; make sure to get enough water in the day by choosing to drink liquid often, Make sure to be hydrated. When you do not get enough water needed by your body, constipation is bound to set in.
- Include more food in your diet that has fiber in them like, raw fruit or nuts. Add natural foods like whole grain and beans to the diets to help add fiber in a more nutritious manner. Fiber-containing food helps to treat constipation.