Hello Guys! I am hoping that you have read my article on an incredible product named ‘Detox Spray by DTG.’ If you have checked that article, then you should know the amazing benefits of that product. In the same way, I have come up with yet another miraculous and unbelievable natural product named Wheatgrass.
You keep reading about these fantastic products, and I will keep sharing them…for you all 🙂 🙂
Wheatgrass is a kind of grass and is a very natural product, first of all. Wheatgrass comes out from a wheat plant, Triticum Aestivum. It grows in temperate regions throughout the United States and Europe.
We let it grow for about 8 to 10 days, We Harvest it, We Cut it, and We Consume it. It’s an all-natural product. It is not synthesized, manufactured, and also it does not include anything that will take its originality or its original sources.
Wheatgrass has all the vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, amino acid, essential fatty acids, all put in together by nature making it a fantastic health booster. These properties have caused it to be considered a Super Food.
What Does Wheatgrass Do for You?
Wheatgrass will do three things for you in a short period. First is, you will experience more energy because it has Vitamin B12. Secondly, you will experience a more powerful immune system as it helps in cleaning the blood; however, it may take time like 2 to 3 months. Thirdly, you will discover that you are getting healthier and also much clearer skin within one week of its use itself.
Benefits of Wheatgrass
This herb can be consumed as powder or juice in its liquid form and is called the ‘liquid sun’ because of its high amount of chlorophyll. The above-ground parts, rhizome, and roots are used to make medicine.
Here are Some of its benefits:
Restores pH balance
Wheatgrass is very useful in balancing pH levels.
Chlorophyll in it helps in blood formation, so is very useful in anemia treatment.
This herb provides energy to the body so that it can work for more extended periods of time. It increases the body’s ability to lose weight, preventing obesity.
The nutrients found in wheatgrass helps in natural treatment for hemorrhoids or piles. It is recommended to take this juice twice a day for at least three months.
This herb can be an excellent cure for diabetes because it can inhibit carbohydrate that helps regulate blood sugar levels.
It will help in soothing the itching. Additionally, it can cure athlete’s foot, rashes, cuts, bites, and also burns, etc.
The protein compounds that this herb has, help us to treat blood pressure issues.
It helps us build the strength and also endurance of general health.
Putting a clean towel dipped in this juice and placing it on the affected area is helpful as it reduces the pain due to arthritis.
Eliminates Heavy Metals
It is also used for removing heavy metals, deposits of drugs, and cancer-causing agents from the body; and also for removing toxins from the blood and the liver.
Other Uses and Benefits:
• Wheatgrass is used for increasing production of hemoglobin, preventing tooth decay; preventing bacterial infections and also improving wound healing.
• It is also used to treat various disorders of the urinary tract, including the urethra, infection of the bladder, and prostate; kidney stones; and in “irrigation therapy”.
• Treatment of respiratory tract complaints, including a cough, common cold, bronchitis, and also sore throat; fever, the tendency toward infection; liver disorders; gout; ulcerative colitis; chronic skin problems and joint pains.
• Its extracts can be used as a flavoring component in foods and beverages.
How to Grow Wheat Grass at Home?
You will need:
- 1 cup of wheat berries
- Paper towel
- Potting Soil
- A piece of old cloth (ex. Handkerchief)
- A pot or tray to grow wheatgrass in
- Sock the wheat berries in water overnight (8 to 12 hours)
- Next morning, you will see the extended seeds, strain the seeds and wash them in running water.
- Take a paper towel, put all the socked wheat in it, Wrap it up and leave it in the container again for an overnight. After 12 hours, you will see the socked wheat is now turned into sprouted wheat.
- Take any container of old bottles or gallons or a plastic box. Make the random slits (cuts) in the container for excess water to flow out
- Fill the container with soil, Damp the soil, take the sprouted wheat and scatter them over the damp soil
- Sprinkle some dry soil over it and cover the container with piece of cloth
- Dampen the cloth from the top
- Leave it and for next two days, sprinkle water on the cloth from the top
- On the third day, you will see tiny blades of white and green grass growing out of the soil
- You can remove the cloth and water the grass directly, just enough to moisten the soil
- Let the grass taking the sunlight and fresh air
- You will then see the wheatgrass is getting longer and longer each day
- Don’t forget to water the plant once a day, and twice a day in summers.
- Once it is grown to 5 to 6 inches, it is ready to be harvest
- To harvest, simply trim a centimeter or two above the soil surface with scissors. Rinse it thoroughly, and then enjoy making it juice or powder.
How to Eat Wheatgrass?
There are three ways to use wheatgrass. As we know, we would not be able to digest it as a whole as it contains fiber. But yes, we can eat the small quantity of fiber rather than chew it all through.
So let’s start with the three different ways of using it:
Chew and Spit
Cut the wheatgrass close to the bottom and chew it. As you chew it, you will taste the juice coming out of it. Once you feel, you have consumed the juice entirely, just spit it or throw it. I would recommend this way to get the small amount of juice on a regular basis. As it can help in boosting the immune system, it is amazingly good for you and very powerful remedy.
Make a Juice
We can make a juice out of wheatgrass using the juicer. Below, I have shared the procedure of making a juice at home. As soon as it is juiced, it is frozen immediately to keep all the nutrients intact. The juice that you will get is actually a juice of sprout.
So, when you start drinking its juice, you will end up consuming enzymes in your body, and immediately, you will find that your body is responding uniquely. This is the very basic nature of wheatgrass juice.
Make a Powder
You can make a wheatgrass powder which is made from the dried leaves of the common wheat plant known as Triticum aestivum. The powder contains some fantastic nutrients which benefit the human body. Read below, how to make its powder.
Dosage of Wheatgrass
The correct serving of wheatgrass varies according to numerous factors like user’s health, age, and many other conditions. At this point, there isn’t adequate scientific information and facts to define a suitable range of dosages for wheatgrass. Keep in mind that natural products are not always necessarily safe and dosages are essential. Ensure to follow important directions on product labels and always consult your physician or pharmacist or other healthcare professional before using it.
How to Make a Wheatgrass Juice at Home?
• Wash the wheatgrass thoroughly
• Put the leaves in the mixer grinder along with a little amount of water to liquefy.
• Blend it long enough
• Strain it with strainer or a good strainer cloth
• Squeeze the liquid from the grass as much out as possible
• Discard pulp, and your juice is ready to drink.
Benefits of Wheatgrass Juice:
• Wheatgrass Juice has the richest source of Phytochemicals which helps in reverse diseases and prevents premature aging.
• It has full spectrum nutrient as it contains 96 of the 118 known elements.
• The juice is rich in enzymes which protects cells from free radicals
• It is rich in hormones which is suitable for body’s messaging system.
• The most effective part is that it has chlorophyll therapy which helps in builds blood
• The juice provides real energy and speeds up detoxification. Read another article on how you can cleanse your body with Detoxification.
• It helps in relieves constipation and lowers the blood pressure
• The juice is also helpful in controlling blood sugar
• The most importantly, it helps in building the immune system
How to Make a Wheatgrass Powder at Home?
• Get the Wheatgrass
• Lay its leaves on a clean baking sheet.
• Set the oven temperature to 150 degrees F and insert the sheet in the oven.
• Allow it to dry out and check after two hours if the blades are brittle and dry.
• If yes, then remove them from the oven. If not, add more time in the oven.
• Once it is dried, Grind all of the wheatgrasses in a clean grinder.
• Pour the final product of wheatgrass powder into a storage container so you can use it in future as well.
Benefits of Wheatgrass Powder:
• The powder contains some fantastic nutrients which benefit the human body.
• It contains a rich source of chlorophyll. This is a natural liver cleanser which gets rid of toxins in the body. The chlorophyll also prevents gum disease by eliminating bacteria on the teeth, gums and bringing down inflammation.
• This also strengthens the blood, reduces free radical damage & causes you to have higher energy levels.
• Wheatgrass powder contains digestive enzymes, which help the body to break down & absorb more nutrients from the food we eat.
• The powder can be mixed with water and used to treat cuts, stings, bites, rashes, and razor burns. It is best to drink on an empty stomach.
• It has some properties to regulate glucose levels in the blood.
• You can massage a small amount of wheatgrass powder and water into the scalp to eliminate dandruff.
Is Wheatgrass Good for Diabetes?
Did you know wheatgrass juice can control diabetes?
We all know that India is the diabetes capital of the world. The dietary restrictions, medicines and insulin injections make it difficult to manage diabetes. However, we have some natural remedies that are highly effective in controlling blood glucose levels and help you manage diabetes better. But we will be discussing wheatgrass.
Wheatgrass juice is rich in fiber which helps in controlling diabetes. It helps in keeping you full for an extended period, which prevents the fluctuation of blood glucose level – a major worry among people with diabetes.
Wheatgrass helps in managing diabetes by enhancing the secretion of insulin by the pancreas. It was also discovered that wheatgrass juice helps in increasing normal hemoglobin levels and lowering HbA1C levels which can aid the prevention of diabetes-related complications like diabetic retinopathy and neuropathy.
The wheatgrass juice significantly reduces VLDL and LDL cholesterol, total cholesterol, and triglyceride levels and can also prevent diabetes-related complications.
How to Use Wheatgrass Juice for Diabetes?
Wheatgrass juice is easily available, and you may also grow wheatgrass at home and extract fresh juice each morning. Rinse and grind seven-day-old wheatgrass with water. Filter the juice through a strainer or muslin cloth and drink the juice on an empty stomach every morning.
Benefits of Wheat Grass Powder and Juice in Cancer
Now, the most amazing part of this article. I once heard that wheatgrass cures cancer. At first, I thought, it is impossible. Although It is true that wheatgrass is beneficial for our health but it is hard to believe that it cures cancer as well. So, I started doing some research and found that wheatgrass can have an impact on cancer. It has the number of ways it deals with cancer, and those are incredible.
- Wheatgrass is the most alkaline food on the planet. Cancer does not like alkaline foods and it will shrink naturally with the help of alkaline present in it.
- It has Selenium and B 17 vitamin which are anticancer nutrients and helps in preventing cancer.
- A healthy immune system can fight off cancer and other serious illnesses, so taking wheatgrass is good to fight cancer as it boosts the immune system.
- Chlorophyll downregulates the signaling routes of growing cancer cells. Chlorophyll also provides the oxygen availability, that is why it is so good in dealing with cancer.
- Since the wheatgrass helps in balancing pH levels, So, maintaining optimum pH levels is essential to protect our body against cancer.
- The Abscisic acid which is among the elements of the wheatgrass can neutralize the effect of long-term gonadotropins and compounds similar to this hormone that has been found to be produced by cancer cells.
- Alkaline pH of wheatgrass, also, plays a crucial role in its anticancer approach in two ways, it helps to lessen the number of microbes in the diet which attenuates the occurrence of secondary infections to some extent in the patient, and also the cancer cells succumb in an extremely alkaline environment. In this way, wheat grass possesses the ability to alter the physiological functions of cells and hence can behave as the anticancer agent.
Is Wheatgrass Helpful for Cats & Dogs?
Isn’t it Interesting? Yes for me too it is an exciting thing to know and adapt to our lives.
As the wheatgrass is good for us, it is good for pets too. The pets include cats, dogs, hamsters, etc. Because it has too many nutrients and chlorophyll, it will do nothing but beneficial for them. Dogs and Cats can digest the wheatgrass fiber well, unlike us as a human being.
Wheatgrass provides many health benefits for dogs such as improving blood flow, aiding in digestion, reduces the risk of your pets contracting cancer as well as helps with detoxification.
The fiber in wheatgrass can help in stimulating the digestion of your cats. As it is a detoxifier, so, when your cat or kitty will eat and digest it, this detoxifier will help in flushing the toxins, maintaining your kitty’s digestive health. It will also help in increasing her immune system and stimulating blood flow. This should give her more energy to chase birds and bat around her.
Feeding your pets with homegrown wheatgrass is an excellent addition to their daily diet.
Here are Some of the Wheatgrass Benefits for Pets:
- Nutritionally complete food
- It gives energy & stamina to the pets
- Protection of toxins- including aging and combats free radicals
- It helps in rejuvenating the blood
- It may reverse illness from the pets
- DNA repair
- It helps in blood cleansing and also building abilities of chlorophyll
- Help shed pounds by detoxifying the body of the pets
- Builds blood and also stimulates circulation
- Deodorizes the pet’s bodies
- Stimulates and regenerates the liver of the pets
Ways to Use Wheatgrass for your Pets
You can buy or cut fresh wheatgrass. Blend it in a food processor or blender/grinder and include in daily foods of the pets. Some pets may like to chew it plain and chewing it directly provides extra fiber. There are many ways to use wheatgrass for your pets.
You can give it’s juice to your pets either using a dropper or in a small water bowl. The juice can use to clean the wound of the pets, or you can use the pulp of wheatgrass to apply it to the wound.
Precautions Before Giving it to your Pets
Like humans suffer from indigestion, nausea or vomiting with excess wheatgrass, your pets may also suffer from similar reactions.
So, Make sure you find out the right quantity of wheatgrass to feed your pet every day.
Side Effects of Wheatgrass
First of all, Wheatgrass is LIKELY SAFE when consumed in food amounts. It is POSSIBLY SAFE for most of the adults if consumed orally in medicinal quantities for up to One and a half years or when applied to the skin as the cream for up to 6 weeks. Not have enough understanding concerning the safety of long-term utilization of wheatgrass as medicine. It can cause appetite loss, nausea, and constipation.
Special Precautions & Warnings:
Pregnancy and breastfeeding: There isn’t adequate, reliable information concerning the safety of taking wheatgrass if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
Different Recipes that you can try with Wheatgrass
Here are 5 winning ways to take your Wheatgrass:
1. In a Glass of Water
Simply mix one tsp. of Wheatgrass in a glass of water. You can add a squeeze of lemon too.
When to have?
Enjoy this at any time of day, but here are some useful tips:
• You can have it as first thing in the morning to start up your engine :), feel revitalized, cleanse, and help regularity
• Whenever you need to feel uplifted
• Almost 1 hour before meals to help prevent overeating
• Between meals to curb snack attacks
2. Wheatgrass Latte
This deliciously creamy recipe is the winner amongst our Busters!
• 1 cup milk (I love coconut, cashew, or almond)
• One tsp Wheatgrass powder
• A sweetener of your choice or a few drops of pure stevia (optional)
Mix the three ingredients and whisk it with an Aerolatte. You can also use a spoon, and enjoy!
When to have:
Any time of the day (same as above), but primarily as a coffee or soda replacement mid-morning or afternoon.
3. In a Smoothie
Wheatgrass goes so well with green smoothies. Here is an example;
Wheatgrass Mint Choco Chip Smoothie
• 1½ cups non-dairy milk (we love almond, coconut or cashew)
• 1 cup spinach
• One frozen banana
• 1 tsp Wheatgrass powder
• ½ avocado
• Two handfuls mint
• One tbs cacao nibs
• Coconut whipped cream (for serving – optional)
1. Blend everything (except cacao nibs) in a blender.
2. Add cacao nibs, and pulse a few times. Transfer smoothie into a glass.
3. Serve with coconut whipped cream, and sprinkle more cacao nibs.
When to have:
• an energizing snack to help prevent you reaching for sugary treats
light early dinner
• ideal for making the night before for a quick brekkie the next day
4. Supercharge your Green Juice
Wheatgrass goes very well with your favorite green juices! It’s rich in fiber that is a valuable addition to your juice. Adding fiber to the juice helps slow down the sugars in the juice hitting your liver and also digestive tract too quickly.
If you’re getting green juice from a bar – mix one tsp of Wheatgrass into it. Or you can make your own! Here is a recipe:
• One handful organic spinach⠀
• 1 organic cucumber
• a squeeze of lemon or lime
• 1/2 organic apple, cored and chopped⠀
• One tsp Organic Burst Wheatgrass
• 1/4-1/2 cup mineral or filtered water (if need be)
Add spinach, cucumber, and apple into your juicer, then stir the lemon juice, our Wheatgrass, and water (if need be) into the juice.
When to have:
• At least 1 hour after meals (so it does not interfere with your digestion)
• Between meals, especially in the afternoon to feel the fantastic natural buzz.
5. In a Salad Dressing
Give your salad super-power by mixing some of the Wheatgrass in the dressing.
The simplest way is to mix it with some olive oil, but here is one recipe I love:
Wheatgrass Lime Cilantro Dressing
You will need:
• 1 cup loosely packed cilantro (coriander), stems removed and roughly chopped
• 1/2 avocado (or 1/2 cup plain yogurt)
• One teaspoon Wheatgrass
• Two tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime), more to taste
• 1 garlic clove
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon cumin
1. Puree all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
2. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
We hope you’re now inspired to try these easy yet natural recipes to take your Wheatgrass daily!
But most importantly – you make the rules. As long as you have it daily, you’ll benefit from its benefits, and it’s entirely up to you how you take it.
Where to Buy Wheatgrass?
Buying good wheatgrass – fresh or powdered – is easier and safer option. If you want a wheatgrass, searching on the Internet is a great idea. Try to buy on Nature basket, eBay, Health cart, Amazon or Walmart.
Apart from that, you can also ask in a foods store if they have certified fresh sprouting grass like wheatgrass or most importantly, you can grow it at home 🙂 🙂
I wish you stay healthy, wealthy and happier like me. 🙂