Simple and Effective Homemade Moisturizers for Skin and Facial Care
Splendid Homemade Moisturizers for Face & Skin
Facial Moisturizer is something that is very important in skincare routine as it makes your skin glowing and gleaming. Moreover in today’s age where everyone is busy in their daily lives and has no time to pamper their skin so in that case taking care of your skin in daily routine just with a moisturizer that can make your skin healthy and look amazing is the easiest and best way. But many people end up by using the wrong moisturizer as nowadays there are so many moisturizers available in the market according to the skin type. But it needs to have a complete knowledge of the skin type because the wrong product can show some side effects on your skin. So to avoid using false products one can opt for homemade moisturizers as they are easy to make according to one’s skin types and has no side effects.
Why is moisturizing important in skin care routine?
Many people waste a lot of money in parlours just to have a beautiful and glowing skin, which one can attain at home also by taking proper care of skin in daily routine. And yes this is very easy trust me! All you need to do is moisturise your skin daily like before makeup, before going to sleep or after showers and yes you are just one step away from that glowing and toned skin that you dreamt off.
Rather than wasting money in parlours, it is good to invest little money in making homemade moisturizers that are healthy for your skin as they contain natural ingredients rather than harmful chemicals. For long-term skin care any day I would suggest you go for these natural ways to nourish your skin.
Benediction of using homemade moisturizers:
- Applying homemade moisturizers protects the outer layer of skin from harmful UV radiations, maintains the skin moisture and improves the skin tone by making skin look young and fresh from inner.
- Using homemade moisturizers in daily routine removes all the skin imperfections and blemishes. Along with using moisturizer, I would recommend you to drink as much water daily as it helps in nourishing the skin and heals all kind of skin problems.
- Use of Homemade moisturizers can treat dry skin as it holds water in an outermost layer of skin that acts as the barrier to harmful environmental factors. An additional tip I would suggest is to check ingredients of moisturizer as some products may contain harsh ingredients that may damage your skin. So always use the moisturizer after checking the ingredients to avoid any skin problems. You can add few drops of tea tree oil to your regular moisturizer, it has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory propertiesthat can help you fight skin conditions such as eczema.
- Using moisturiser before going to bed shows excellent results by rejuvenating the skin as it absorbs through the skin overnight.
- Keep an eye on the type of moisturiser that you are using as some products can make your skin feel heavy.
- Always opt for a moisturiser that contains properties of sunscreen to protect the skin from sun damage.
When and how to use moisturizer?
- After taking bath one should immediately use moisturizer as the skin is moist and the moisturizer will blend appropriately into the skin surface.
- Don’t just moisturize your face but also your other body parts like legs and hands.
- After cleansing your face with an appropriate cleanser immediately use a moisturizer because if any delay happens, the skin may lose its natural moisture leaving the skin to be dry.
- Applying moisturiser as a protective base for makeup is must because a layer of moisturiser holds make up for an extended period.
- Not just winters we should moisturise our skin in summers as well. Many people have this mindset that there is no requirement of moisturising the skin in summers as it may leave your skin oily. But this is not true. You are not using a correct moisturiser in summers if it leaves excess oil on your skin.
- One should wisely select the right facial moisturiser as per the season like in winters skin needs heavy moisturiser however in monsoons skin needs a light moisturiser to prevent excess oil on face.
Here are few homemade moisturizers as per the skin type:
Homemade moisturizers for Normal skin:
LAVENDER AND COCONUT OIL FACIAL MOISTURISER
This is a perfect facial moisturizer for normal skin as this is the rich source of different oils that are very beneficial for skin and will act as a perfect moist coverage for your skin.
Here are the three ingredients for this moisturizer and the reason why we used these.
- Lavender oil:
Lavender oil is relaxing oil, and it soothes the skin. It is well known for its antioxidant properties which help to get rid of free radicals in the skin. It is overall a great muscle relaxer and relaxes the facial tissues to give the more firm look on the face. Moreover, the tempting smell of this oil will make you use it again and again.
- Coconut oil:
Coconut oil has excellent anti-aging properties, and it is excellent moisturizing oil. It has antibacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial properties. It brightens skin on regular usage and using it as the moisturizer it helps to remove marks on the skin making the skin more clear and young.
- Vitamin E oil:
Vitamin E is itself an excellent source of vitamins and is good at reducing scars and healing them. This is used in this moisturizer because it holds all the ingredients together and makes a great solution. It treats acne and skin blemishes very well.
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E or vitamin E capsules
- 12 drops of lavender essential oil
- Melt the coconut oil and then add lavender oil and top it up with vitamin E oil.
- Use a fork to mix it well, or you can use a blender as well.
- Once the solution cools down, it is ready for use.
- Easy to prepare and contains excellent health benefits for your face and skin.
The homemade skin cream is an ultimate moisturizer and ridiculously easy to make. It is the best option if you are looking for a natural lotion that is easy to make with healthy ingredients. This lotion can really help you to have smooth and glowing skin.
2. AVOCADO FACIAL MOISTURIZER
Avocado is one of the most necessary ingredients in various skin treatments. Avocados are rich in antioxidants and fatty acids that rejuvenate the skin from inside. It improves skin density and thickness and prevents skin aging.
Avocado has vitamin E that protects your skin from UV rays. It is very effective for all skin types and tanned skin.
- 2-3 avocados
- One teaspoon of honey
- ½ cup of curd or cream
- 1 spoon lemon juice
- Grind few avocados in a mixer and make a thin paste.
- Add honey, curd/cream, and lemon juice
- Mix all the ingredients well and then keep the mixture in the fridge
- Massage it on your face for 20-30 minutes so that the goodness of moisturizer penetrates your skin.
- Rinse off and pat dry.
- Use coconut oil for a greasy look.
Homemade moisturizers for Dry skin:
1. OLIVE OIL, BEESWAX, AND ESSENTIAL OIL MOISTURIZER
This is a quick and full proof moisturizer for your dry skin. Easy to prepare and long-lasting moisturizer which hardly takes 5 minutes to prepare and can be stored for future use as well.
This moisturizer is ideal to be used in summers and winters as well for dry skin. Read out my another article on skincare tips for summer.
- ¼ cup beeswax pellets
- ½ cup olive oil
- 10 drops of essential oil(this is optional)
- ½ cup coconut oil
Method to use:
- Combine beeswax, olive oil and coconut oil in a jar.
- Take a large utensil and fill it ¾ the with water and place the jar in that utensil.
- Heat the water till boiling point so that the steam coming from the water can melt the beeswax and all the three ingredients can blend properly.
- Then place the jar in cold water so that the moisturiser can cool down and you can use it.
- Add the drops of essential oil from the top.
- Use a blender to blend the entire mixture, or you can use a fork to stir the mix properly.
- You can store this moisturiser and can use it anytime.
- It does wonders for dry skin and will make your face look more toned, as well as you will get that extra shine on your face.
2. ALOE VERA GEL FACIAL MOISTURIZER
We all are aware of the benefits of Aloe Vera, and it is excellent to use for dry skin. Aloe Vera gel is one of the best home remedies for acne and one of the best natural ingredient for all skin types. It not only soothes the skin but also has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which reduce acne and makes the skin looks healthy if used on a regular basis.
Aloe Vera is a natural moisturizer. Along with Aloe Vera, we will use rose water or rose oil as it maintains moisture and it is a natural toner for dry skin. Olive oil, on the other hand, is rich in antioxidants, and it prevents wrinkles, fine lines, and it nourishes and rejuvenates the skin.
- Take 4 tablespoon Aloe Vera gel or you can extract Aloe Vera juice directly from the Aloe Vera plant.
- Few drops of rose oil or rose water
- A few drops of almond oil
- Few drops of olive oil
- Mix all the four ingredients well and store it.
- Use this mixture as a daily moisturiser for your dry skin and face.
Homemade moisturizers for oily skin:
1. CARROT FACIAL MOISTURIZER
Carrot is an effective ingredient for skin care, especially for the face. Carrots are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin K all of these are beneficial for healthy skin. Carrot makes a perfect facial moisturiser for oily skin as it soaks excess sebum. We will combine carrot extract with honey as it has natural antibacterial properties which not only moisturizes your skin but also helps your skin fight pimples and acne.
This moisturizer closes all the open pores and gives a boost to your complexion. This mask balances out for oily skin surface and a perfect medicine to get a wrinkle free skin. It has anti ageing properties as carrots are the rich source of vitamin A.
- Take 1 or 2 fresh carrots or the carrot extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- Grind fresh carrots and take the extract of it.
- Mix carrot extract, honey and lime juice in a jar.
- Then blend the mixture till it gets adequately fused.
- Now your facial moisturizer is all set to apply. You can store in a jar to use for a long time or can gift it to your friend.
2. ALOE ROSE FACIAL MOISTURIZER
Aloe Vera and rose essential oil are the best ingredients for skin care. It helps in clearing the skin and toning it. Jojoba oil acts as a natural skin conditioner. It is not that greasy as other oils thus it is perfect for oily skin. You can use this oil for sensitive skin without worrying about any allergic reactions.
It has all the elements that are essential in any oil. We will use carnauba wax as well as it gives a glossy finish to face and is a thickening agent which will enrich our moisturizer. It adds the lustrous shine to skin.
- 1 teaspoon Aloe vera extract/gel
- 1 tablespoon carnauba wax
- 3 tablespoon jojoba oil
- 1 drop of rose essential oil
- Glass bowl
- Take one tablespoon of carnauba wax in a glass bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoon of jojoba oil and mix it well
- Take the mixture and place it on top of the boiling water so that the mixture gets melted.
- Cool down the mixture
- Add aloe extract or aloe vera gel and 1 drop of essential oil.
- Mix well, and your facial moisturiser is ready to use.
- Use it regularly after the bath and before going to bed for best results.
- Use it for your oil-free skin dream.
Not just skin types you need to select an appropriate moisturizer as per the weather because skin requires care as the climatic conditions change and we need to adapt our skin and body as per the weather conditions. Like in winters we need heavy moisturizer for skin whereas in summers we need SPF rich moisturizers for skin protection and in monsoons, we need light moisturizers for an oil-free bright skin. You can also check the top 10 night creams for oily skin by clicking here.
Here are few facial moisturizers as per the weather:
With the changing environmental conditions, a new set of skin problems also comes, and one should be attentive towards it as our skin is so sensitive and get affected quickly by the changing environmental conditions. So it is necessary to take care of your skin with a good moisturiser that can transform your skin into a healthy and glowing skin.
Homemade moisturizers for winters:
Be it any weather winter or summers a good moisturizer is always required. But during winters skin becomes dry, rough and needs more protection to fight the dryness of the air and freezing weather. During this season lack of moisture in the air can cause skin become patchy and rough that demands the special attention. Thus it is essential to moisturize the skin in daily routine with a good facial moisturizer that will add the required ingredients on your skin and make it look healthier and gleaming again.
COCOA AND ALMOND FACIAL MOISTURIZER:
The goodness of this facial moisturizer is that it covers all the required ingredients that are perfect to get normal skin in winter. This moisturizer has got antioxidants that will sooth the skin and give your skin a natural glow.
It is so easy to make this moisturizer and adds a healthy softness to your skin.
- Take 1 tablespoon of cocoa butter
- 1 cup of aloe vera gel or extract of aloe
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 2 cups of almond oil
- Firstly take a medium size bowl and mix almond oil with aloe extract, vitamin E oil and a spoon of Cocoa butter
- Then put the bowl in the oven and heat it till all the ingredients mix properly.
- Now, set it aside and wait until the solution reaches its room temperature and now pour the lotion into the jar and use it as a skincare essential.
Homemade moisturizers for summers:
It is not possible to get the healthy and glowing skin overnight; it needs proper care. Not always one needs moisturizer in the winter season, even during summer’s lack of humidity in the air can be a reason for dry skin. And that is the reason we are suggesting you an ultimate lotion for summers that is light and greasy enough to moisturize your skin.
COOLING HOMEMADE MOISTURIZER:
A cooling moisturizer in summer season is all that you can need. The best part of this moisturizer is that it is effective and healthy for all skin types. This face moisturizer needs some household ingredients that you use in your daily routines such as sandalwood that is widely used for so many purposes and has the pleasing aroma and cooling properties.
Milk powder that deeply moisturizes the skin also cures the skin eruptions and imperfections.
- ½ teaspoon of oatmeal
- 1 spoon of milk powder
- ½ teaspoon of sandal powder
- ½ teaspoon of fenugreek powder
- It just needs to mix all the ingredients in a container but before doing that soak oatmeal in water for about 10 minutes.
- After mixing all the ingredients, you can use and apply the paste on face.
- The final result is the best natural and healthy facial moisturizer to relax, rejuvenate and cool skin burn or damage caused because of harmful sun rays.
Homemade Moisturizers For Monsoons:
In monsoons, it is necessary to give utmost care to the skin because this season comes with so many skin problems that are so irritating. The atmospheric humidity and dampness of this season can lead towards acne, skin dryness and pimple problem. So in this season, it is quite essential to take care of your skin for maintaining a glowing complexion.
BANANA FRUIT FACIAL MOISTURIZER:
Fresh banana fruit facial moisturizer is one irreplaceable lotion that works excellently in monsoon season by making skin smooth, glowing and bright. This homemade moisturizer helps in closing pores, removing dead cells by deeply cleansing the skin and adds the required moisture to the skin.
In case banana doesn’t suit your skin type then you can use any other fruit such as the apple with the combination of milk and essential oil.
- 1 fresh banana
- A tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- First of all mash a fresh banana and then add a tablespoon of honey and few drops of lemon juice. Stir it well until honey gets mixed with banana.
- Now the mixture is ready to apply on face. You can use it to moisturize your hands or neck also.
- Applying it before going to bed or after taking a bath will show the useful results. Along with banana, you can also add other fruits such as orange or any other fruit that contains vitamin C. the citrus fruits are rich in acids remove the excess oil from skin and makes skin look glowing.
- If you have dry skin, then avoid using citrus fruits because it can make you look rough and patch as it extracts the oil from the skin. Instead of using citrus fruits one can use curd for dry skin.
So, go ahead ladies and prepare the most effective and also the side-effects free homemade moisturizers for your facial and skin care and live like no less than princess 🙂 🙂