Every girl wants to look beautiful with that flawless skin on her wedding day but most of them end up getting skin issues like acne, zits on the wedding day due to a busy lifestyle, stress and most importantly unhealthy diet that they follow. Overeating and unhealthy not just makes them look plump and out of shape but also destroys their skin from inside.
In order to get a beautiful skin from inside when the body is functioning properly that includes eliminating toxins from body efficiently, proper digestion and proper transportation of nutrients all around the body.
A healthy diet helps in increasing the speed of exfoliation to protect skin from UV rays. The recipe of a perfect complexion is a well-rounded diet of healthy fats, proper protein intake and lots of veggies and fruits. Not just it does wonders for skin but also helps in building brain power, lower cholesterol and prevents health issues.
It is not exclusively reserved for genetically blessed people every girl can get that beautiful skin naturally within 6 months of regular healthy diet.
Just the natural dietary and healthy lifestyle can get you that skin which you want for your wedding. The earlier you start the diet plan the better skin you’ll get before your wedding.
So are you ready to take inside out to loving your skin for your marriage?
Make your diet plan and prepare your get-gorgeous grocery list using the following food items as these are the best for your skin. Consume these for 6months and get the gorgeously beautiful skin from inside.
Pile these food items on your plate as they are all pack nutrients for perfect complexion and healthy skin.
Strawberries, citrus fruits
Beauty benefit: It gives your skin a smooth texture.
Strawberries and citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C which is a potent antioxidant which is responsible for boosting up the production of collagen fibers which are the skin support structure. These fibers help in keeping the skin smooth and firm. Strawberries are rich in ellagic acid which protects the elastic fibers in the skin to keep it from sagging.
Two servings of one cup of strawberries, one orange a day to enhance the texture of the skin before the wedding. You can also prepare a yummy strawberry and orange salad.
Whole Grains and Cereals
Beauty benefit: clearer skin
Wholegrain, cereals, and pasta are high in antioxidants and thus they help in youth-proofing complexion. Whole grains and cereals contain almost same amount as fruits and vegetables. Whole grains and cereals are included in the low glycemic diet and also reduces acne as low glycemic foods keep blood sugar and insulin steady. This is the most healthy diet you can follow on regular basis to get a glowing skin and healthy well-toned body.
At least twice a day during meals consume whole grains and cereals either in cooked form or you can also consume whole grain flour or whole grain bread. One slice of whole grain bread is equal to ½ cup cooked grains.
Beauty benefit: fresh complexion
Orange and red veggies like squash and sweet potato get their color from the group of plant pigments carotenoid called beta-carotene. Veggies with Beta-carotene have antioxidant properties. When we consume veggies it converts beta-carotene to vitamin A which is responsible for new cell production by shedding the old ones making the skin surface smooth and gives you a fresh complexion and glow.
Veggies also have other carotenoids like lutein and lycopene which protects and repairs the damaged cells due to the sun to skin. Dark leafy green vegetables like spinach, kale are also excellent sources of beta-carotene.
Make sure you include veggies in all your three major meals. Either bake the veggies like sweet potato or consume leafy vegetables in the form of soups or in cooked form to get the maximum benefits for your skin.
Romaine lettuce is a rich source of vitamin A as just six leaves of romaine lettuce provides 100% of your daily value of vitamin A. it revitalizes skin and increases cell turnover.
Romaine lettuce is also a rich source of mineral and potassium which gives a refreshing boost of nutrients and improves the blood circulation by giving a boost of oxygen.
Consume six-eight leaves of romaine lettuce in a healthy salad or with sandwiches. Eat this at least once a day as a snack meal. You can also prepare meat/chicken wraps using romaine lettuce to get a change in your meal.
Tomatoes are a rich source of vitamin C and known to brighten skin. A Higher level of this antioxidant leads to fewer fine lines. Tomatoes have collagen which prevents sagging and is not just good for skin now but in future as well.
Consumption of 16 milligrams of tomato curry or raw tomato in salad has lycopene which reduces the number of free radicals in the skin to give you a flawless youthful bright skin. It fights reddening of the skin, moisturizes your skin and fights cellular damage.
Easily available in kitchen surely include this to your marriage diet plan to get that perfect skin from inside.
Apples and Papaya
Apple comprises of Quercetin which is an antioxidant and provides protection against the tan caused due to UVB rays. It prevents cell and tissue damage.
Papaya is also a rich source of antioxidants and comprises of an enzyme called papain which removes skin impurities and dead skin cells to give you a glowing and fair skin.
Consume one apple or few slices of papaya to get your skin prepared for your wedding day.
Beauty benefit: youthful glow
Eggs and meat are the major sources of poultry food items. Lutein and zeaxanthin are the two antioxidants found in eggs which are responsible for making skin softer, firmer, and nicely hydrated.
Poultry items give your body zinc and iron, minerals which are the key for healthy skin functioning. Zinc helps in cell production and removes the dullness of skin. Red blood cells need this iron to carry oxygen to skin and help it glow.
1 piece or palm sized piece of meat/chicken and 2-3 boiled eggs are necessary to get an adequate amount of nutrients which are helpful for skin health.
Almonds and Walnuts
Beauty benefit: glossy skin
Nuts are loaded with vitamin E which is one of the most important antioxidants for skin health. People who are prone to skin dryness should eat a lot of nuts as you will get moisture locked in the skin and the glossy skin who always dreamt off.
Nuts are the storehouses of alpha-linolenic acid and omega 3 which are the key components for lubricating skin and keep it supple. It makes the outer membrane strong to hold water in and keeps the skin hydrated.it also protects the skin from free radicals and damage due to environmental factors.
Consume at least 10 almonds and 10walnuts on regular basis to get the hydrated glossy skin. You can also consume seeds like flaxseeds as snacks.
Cocoa or dark Chocolate
Cocoa consumption increases the blood circulation and rejuvenates the skin to get a fair and glowing complexion. Cocoa and dark chocolates are rich in flavonoids to get significantly softer, smoother and hydrated skin. Chocolate is sugar laden and can lead to acne. If you want to consume chocolate go for dark high-quality chocolate with 70% or more cocoa to get the maximum benefits.
Cocoa and dark chocolate wards of wrinkles improve skin elasticity and protect skin. Flavonols present in dark chocolate reduce the roughness of skin to give it a smoother texture and give a hydrated look. Chocolates are rich in pre and probiotics to help heal zits, acne and also reduce inflammation on the skin.
Eat at least 1oz of dark chocolate as snacks or drink cocoa milk to get the essential ingredients for your skin. Try the Nestle cocoa dark chocolate powder. Try this tasty and tempting combination to get that skin you are dreaming off for your wedding.
Beauty benefit: glowing skin
Red wine is most of the healthiest alcoholic drinks as it is made from exquisite ingredients like raspberries, gooseberries, raisins, figs etc. which is a rich blend and makes it great for skin.
Red wine is rich in polyphenols that work as an antioxidant as it prevents cell oxidation. Wine helps transform dull skin and restore its glow. It also repairs the skin damage as it is a rich source of amino acids which is responsible for boosting skin renewal. The antioxidants in wine work a protective barrier for skin preventing sun damage.
Sip one glass a day or fewer a day. Don’t drink too much of wine in a day as it has alcohol contents.
Beauty Benefit: Firm skin
Foods rich in soy like tempeh contain soy isoflavone known as aglycone keeps your skin less prone to wrinkles and gives you a youthful firm skin. It is a rich source of protein and quite healthy for entire body and skin.
Consume 3 ounces of soy-rich food a day for 12 weeks and your skin is good to glow on your wedding day.
Extra virgin oil
Beauty benefit: Resistance to UV damage
Extra virgin oil is a healthy fat as it contains all the essential fatty acids which provide your skin the resistance from UV damage. EFAs (essential fatty acids) are a part of the cell membrane which is responsible for holding skin’s moisture. The body can’t synthesize EFAs on its own so it’s necessary to consume food rich in EFAs.
Consume about 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil daily to keep your skin graceful and supple.
Complete diet plan menu for three meals and two snacks:
- 1 cup cereal or whole grains. You can opt for sprouts as well
- 1 cup milk smoothie enriched with almonds or dry fruits
- 1 cup sliced strawberries, citrus fruits or 1 grapefruit
- 1 cup lukewarm lemon water empty stomach or 1 cup green tea
- Boiled chicken or fish
- Grilled chicken sandwich with chicken breast, whole-grain bread, tomato, lettuce and avocado.
- 1 green apple preferably
Leafy vegetables like spinach salad or green salad comprising of spinach, bell pepper, tomato, and broccoli tossed in extra virgin olive oil.
- Add it with baked veggies like sweet potato.
- Baked fish can also be consumed if you feel hungry.
- Sunflower seeds or sauté flaxseeds
- Oranges or carrots as fruits to refresh yourself.
- 1 dark chocolate
- 1 glass red wine
Diet Tips for every bride that she should follow at least before 6 months of the wedding to get the naturally glowing skin from inside:
- Start your day with a glass of lukewarm water. Mix lemon juice and crushed mint for flavor. Avoid adding sugar to this. To improve the taste you add few drops of honey to it. You can either drink lemon water or go with a cup of green tea. This flushes out toxins from the body and makes your skin clear with time. Lime is also known for burning belly fats and can also help you get that perfect belly so that you can adorn your wedding dress and flaunt that perfect skin along with the well-shaped body.
- Whenever you feel hungry don’t just eat anything rather have a fruit or home-made vegetable soup. Avoid packet soups as they contain preservatives and added flavors.
- Limit your calorie intake and avoid the consumption of junk food, sugar, sweets, and pastries.
- Divide your diet into three main meals and two snacks intake like nuts, fruits or steamed/fermented food.
- Don’t forget to take a heavy breakfast to start your day. Include at least one good source of protein like multigrain cereal, sprouts, and low-fat milk products in your morning meal.
- Lunch or dinner should include wholegrain cereals, pulses, fish, chicken, curd, salad and green vegetables.
- To get that extra glow on your skin eat carrots, avocados, apricots, yellow and orange fruits, leafy vegetables like spinach, citrus fruits like tomatoes as they contain lycopene which is extremely good for skin health.
- Consume walnuts as they make your skin look gloomy and shiny due to omega fatty acids it comprises of.
- Drink at least 2-3 cups of green tea to flush out all the waste from the body.
- Drink plenty of water that is 8-10 glasses a day which is the easiest secret to getting that glowing skin as it detoxes your body and gets rid of toxins. Water also maintains the moisture in a body and helps the body metabolize stored fat by reducing fat deposits.
- Avoid smoking and drinking because it can snatch off that glow from your skin.
- Eat moisturizing foods like fish, flaxseeds, eggs, vitamin E rich food and leafy vegetables as they are a rich source of omega-3 and omega-6 which are extremely helpful for getting beautiful skin.
- Smoothies made with fresh vegetables and fruits combined with Green Magma (powdered juice of green barley) are superb for the skin as they give you probiotics and antioxidants that strengthen the skin.
- Try consuming green apples instead of red apples as they have less sugar and more antioxidants. Quercetin is a falconoid found in apples that calm your sensitive skin and regular consumption helps you get that beautiful skin from inside.
Additional Tips for Brides:
- Start your smart skincare routine in advance so that you get appropriate time to replenish your skin for your wedding day.
- Schedule your monthly facials to refresh your skin by professionals.
- Manage excess facial oil by using a mild face wash, skip toner and use a lightweight moisturizer.
- Use salt scrubs to break down dry patches on elbows and it softens your elbows.
- Wear a thick balm with SPF30 to keep your lips hydrated.
- Deep clean your face using masks.
- Use makeup carefully and use products carefully as all your efforts may go in vein if your skincare routine is not appropriate.
- Eliminate zits using benzoyl peroxide.
- Wash your make brushes.
- Don’t forget eye cream to treat dark circles and imperfections near eyes.
Following this diet plan for 6 months and you will surely get a skin you want for your wedding day. Get that glow from inside and cherish it for a lifetime. Makeup can enhance your beauty but ultimately there’s nothing like healthy glowing skin.