Are you one of those who are fed up of the belly fat around the waist? Don’t get time to work out? Got 10 minutes for your belly? Just spare 10 minutes from your busy routine and this workout will surely give you the belly that you have dreamt off.
A slim sexy belly is something most of us want. Whether you want to wear a skinny jeans or saree a flat belly is all that required getting that perfect hot look.
But Nowadays due to fast paced lifestyle and busy routine we are much dependent on the packaged food and don’t have time to exercise. And the only excuse for giving up on exercise is lack of time. Everyone wants to reduce fat from some part of the body and the most common area is tummy.
We have put together a great set of exercises and trust me these are the most effective exercises for your abdomen. Just take 10 minutes out of your day and you will see the difference in few weeks. These simple moves can take you to the way towards a slimmer tummy.
So don’t just wait let’s get started to get that perfect shaped belly.
Crunches are known to strengthen the abdominal muscles and help in improve body balance. The most factors to have a flat stomach is that you don’t have excess abdominal fat and a strong core. A strong core improves your overall body posture and gives you a perfect shaped body.
If you are thinking of a flat belly no workout can be better and effective than crunches.
There are a variety of positions and exercises in crunches which are perfect for 10 minute workout for your abdominal muscles.
To start with you can do hipless crunches. It focuses only on the abs by preventing hips and upper body to help you lift.
- First of all, lie on your back and keep your legs lifted and bent. Keep your calves parallel to floor and relax your feet. Keep your arms crossed over your chest and put your hands on shoulders. Now lift your head, shoulders and upper back about 30 degrees from the floor contracting your abdominal muscles. Inhale as you come lower to floor and exhale as your lift. Make sure you don’t pull chin towards your chest and focus on abs while doing these crunches.
- If you are a first timer then you can make it easier by resting your calves on chair and extend arm down. You can make it harder by extending your legs straight up.
- You can do 15 reps in the beginning and then increase it to 25 reps per set.
- You feel the jerk or extra strength to pull with head or shoulders.
- You feel extra stress on neck and can’t keep your neck/shoulders relaxed.
No hands reverse crunch
In no hands, reverse crunch keeps your hands overhead instead of keeping them at sides to activate more stomach muscles.
- Lie straight with arms overhead and hold some heavy furniture or railing with your hands. Raise your feet and keep your legs bent. Press back into the floor, lift your hips off the floor and contract your abs. inhale as you go low and exhale as you lift.
- You can make it easier by doing this keeping the hands down the sides and to make it harder straighten your legs.
- Think of lifting up by tilting your pelvis instead of pulling knees towards your chest. Feel the contraction in your abdomen.
- You feel the tension in neck and shoulders.
- You can’t lift your hips off the floor.
Standing side crunch
Standing side crunch mainly focuses on obliques and legs.
- Stand straight on the left leg and stretch your left arm outside at shoulder height. Lift the right foot few inches above the floor.
- Place your right hand behind the head at shoulder level and lift the right leg towards the right elbow.
- Switch sides and repeat it till 15 reps.
- Do it just for 45 seconds daily to get the difference in your abdomen.
- It’s an easy exercise for the beginners.
V crunch is quite effective exercise for getting that extra fat burned from the midsection as in this exercise your upper and lower body keeps moving simultaneously to indulge maximum number of muscle fibers in your abdomen and midsection.
- To get this position make sure your back is straight and chest is lifted. Balance on your tailbone with feet off floor and arms bent on side wards. Extend your arms and legs and lean back, then pull back to the start position.
- Don’t do more than 10 reps per set.
- To make it bit easier grab sides of thighs with your hands and to make it hard hold 3-5 pounds dumbbell in hands.
- Make sure your chin is parallel to the floor and you are looking straight.
- You can’t keep your chest lifted or when back or neck start to hurt.
- You can’t keep your arms or legs up and it’s hurting.
Standing pike crunch
- All you need to do is stand straight and keep your legs together. Stretch out one leg out at right angle to torso and try to touch your toes with your fingers. Now switch to the other leg and repeat the same with the other leg.
- Do 10 reps for each leg and keep switching legs.
Plank works on the strength of abs, core and back. It is one of the best exercises for building the core endurance. It supports proper posture and improves body balance. If you are determined to get that defined flat stomach then just do this 10-minute of plank workout and you are good to go.
It is one of the best exercises for flat stomach because it works on the core muscles including rectus abdominis, transverse abdominis and internal/external oblique, back and hips. It is the ultimate body toner as not just flat stomach it also provides support to entire body enhancing the body posture. It burns more calories than crunches or sit ups as it recruits muscles in arms, rear and legs.
To start with get into pushup position and bend your elbows. Rest your weight on your forearms. Body should be straight line from ankles to shoulders. Hold your core straight and hold this position for 30 seconds. Don’t forget to breathe deeply.
Here are some plank variations listed below.
For first timers start with the first four and do each one for not more than 30 seconds. Do it for 3 sets. When you get comfortable with the first four then start with next three holding each one of them for 30 seconds to one minute.
For a killer workout combine all seven together in one routine doing each for one minute. Don’t forget to rest for 10 seconds between each set.
- Lie on your left and keep your knees straight. Balance your body up with your left elbow and forearm and keep the feet joined. Raise your hips and make sure that your body forms a straight line from ankles to your shoulders. Breathe deeply reviving your abs and hold this position for 30 seconds or as long as you can.
- To make it easier you can bend your legs and balance on the side of the lower leg and on the bottom knee. You can make it hard by straightening top arm in the air.
- You can perform this post a crunches session as static balancing is quite challenging as your deepest abs have to work really hard to hold the core in midair.
- Make sure your torso, neck, hips and legs are in straight alignment.
- Your hips start sagging towards the floor and you can’t keep your body in straight line.
- Your neck, back or shoulder starts hurting.
Plank with leg lift
Get into the normal plank position using your forearms and keeping your abs tight. Engage your gluteus muscles typically buttocks to lift and hold one foot few inches above the floor. Support your body with one leg on floor and one in air. Do 10 lifts on one side and then switch between legs to change position.
Side plank with leg lift
Initially take the side plank position by bending your left elbow below your shoulder. Keep your feet stacked and keep your core engaged as you lift your right leg high. Take it as high as you can maintain a proper form. Bend your foot and point your toes down. Lower your leg and take it up. Repeat till 10 reps and then change your position and repeat with the other leg. Do 10 reps on each side.
Straight arm plank
First of all come in a normal plank position by taking a pushup position with your hands bent on the floor. Now set your feet close together and lift your arms straight using your hands. Keep your legs straight by putting the weight on the toes. Make sure your body is in straight line from head to ankles. Engage your core and abs. squeeze your buttocks to keep your body rigid. Hold this position for 30-60 seconds.
Straight arm plank with shoulder touch
Again come in push up position and keep your hands beneath your shoulders keeping your arms straight. Straighten your legs with feet close to each other and weight on your toes. Keep your body in straight line from ankle to head. Keep your hips still and lift your left arm to tap your right shoulder. Use your right hand to balance the body. Slowly replace the left hand with right and repeat. Keep alternating for at least 30 seconds or more if you can.
Straight arm plank and raise
This position is bit hard to maintain and once you are comfortable with the listed above plank positions then only go for this one.
Come into push-up position with arms straight. Straighten your legs and Stretch your feet slightly wider than your shoulders with your weight on toes. Raise your arm straightened with your fingers and thumb pointed. Raise your left leg while keeping the right leg on the floor and stretch your right arm. Hold for 5-10 seconds and then switch between your arms. Make sure your hips are still while the duration of the exercise. Make sure you only do it when you are sure of your ability to perform it.
Plank Pike Jack
To begin with take the elbow plank position with elbows bent and touched to the floor. Keep your feet slightly wider and keep your abs engaged. Now quickly take a jump to keep the feet together and engage your lower abs to keep your hips lifted in the air. Your body position should resemble an upside-down V. return to start position and do as many reps as you can in 45 seconds.
For this exercise you need some sort of weight in your hands. You can either use a dumbbell, ball or even a bottle of water. Stand straight and then lift your right leg and bent it at knee. Be in the same position and begin to move the weight from right shoulder to left hip diagonally and back again. Keep passing the weight diagonally from left to right or vice versa. Repeat the same for left leg reversing the direction of diagonal pass. Repeat as many times for 45 seconds. Don’t forget to breathe during performing this.
Stand straight keeping your legs shoulder width apart. Keep your legs at one lace and keep them straight. Without moving your legs start rotating your upper body in a circular motion beginning with horizontal back and ending with vertical standing position. Don’t rotate your legs instead use only your back muscles and abdomen to turn your body. Begin with turning in clockwise direction and then change it to anti-clockwise direction.
Lunge and Twist
Lunge and twist mainly work on abs, legs and gluteus.
Stand straight with feet together. Outstretch your left leg and bend your knees to 90 degrees. Stand up and lift left knee to hip height and bring your arms in front of chest. Bend your elbows towards outwards as you twist left. Twist to center, outstretch left leg back and repeat it other leg. Do 15-20 reps for each leg. Keep switching sides.
High knee chops
Stand straight and lift your right leg diagonally in the direction of left shoulder. Clasp your hands together and move them diagonally from left shoulder to right knee as it moves in upward direction. Do the same with the left leg in the opposite direction. This exercise targets on legs, hands and lower abdomen. Do 15reps for each leg and you are good to go.
Jumping Oblique twists
This exercise works on oblique muscles. Bend your arms at the elbow and hold them together at chest level. Begin jumping quickly and at the same time turn your torso in different directions. Your entire body that is stretched arms, legs and hips should be turning from one side to another. Do this for at least 45 seconds to warm up body.
Chest flye with leg extension
This workout targets the chest area and abdomen. To start with lie straight on a mat with face up. Bend your knees at 90 degrees over hips parallel to the ground. Hold a dumbbell in each hand and extend them in over chest.
Now start moving the arms outside and inwards. The inward out movement is counted as 1 and then start again. To make it more effective keep the right knee bent and straighten left leg. Do it for10 reps with one leg then switch to other leg and repeat.
Circuit training is an intense cardio workout which is quite effective in toning body along with works great for abs. if you are working out in gym you can switch to circuit training workout. The options here are endless and you ca switch between exercises to get the body of your choice.
How it works: Do one set of each exercise listed below back to back with little rest or if possible no rest. After the last exercise rest for 60 seconds and repeat the full circuit twice as needed. Perform this for non-consecutive days and you can choose a set of your favorite cardio workouts and can switch between them.
Do each exercise for 45 seconds or one minute. The entire circuit training set will be of not more than 10 minutes. The best part is no equipment is required and can be performed easily at home.
1T-Balance to Knee Raise Reach
Stand straight and then slightly bend the right leg knee. Raise left leg until its straight and parallel to floor. Extend right arm overhead and keep the left arm hang by side. Breathe from the core and engage it and begin to hinge forward using hips. Continue to lower till the torso is parallel to ground that is straight line from head to left foot. Slowly return to start and keep the left foot raised off all the time. Complete 10 reps on one leg and then repeat.
You need to crawl like a bear in this exercise. Keep both the hands and legs in position like a bear and brace your abs in tight. All you need to do is step forward with left hand left foot and crawl. Immediately crawl forward by switching the leg and the arm. Keep your abs tight during the entire session. Simply move forward as far as possible and then start crawling backward. Continue this for 45 seconds.
Kneeling Rear Lunge
In this exercise keep the arms crossed over chest. You basically need to kneel down your knees one by one. Step right leg back and bend the knee to the floor. Step the left foot back and again bring the knee close to the floor in knelling position. Quickly step forward and stand up. Return to start position and repeat in opposite direction. This is considered one rep. keep doing this for 45 seconds.
Sand with arms by sides, knees slightly bent and feet hip-width apart. Jump up bending knees in front of hips and keep the hands on knees to hold the position. Give a jump and hold the position with hands. Complete as many jumps in one minute.
Single-Leg Sit-Up Press
Lie face up and extend your arms. Press torso up and lift the left leg up. Make the arms stretch as much as they can towards the feet of the lifted leg. Repeat with opposite leg to compete one rep. Do this for 3 sets and each one for 45 seconds.
If you do set of any 5 exercises every day by switching between the listed above workouts, you will surely get the desirable results. Your abdomen muscles will get strong and you will end up getting an attractive physique.
Along with the exercises here are some great tips for those who are worrying about the belly fat. Not just exercises would help but it also depends on what you put in your mouth.
Follow these simple tricks along with exercise to get faster and effective results:
- Keep a track on whatever you are eating and how much you are eating. Keep a check on the contents of the food you eat.
- Before targeting to your tummy fat, try to work out on the extra fat that you have around your abs by doing some cardio which engage multiple exercises. This will give you a good warm up and then you can start with these exercises for abs. listed above circuit exercises are quite effective to burn higher amount of calorie in short period of time.
- Eat foods that are rich in fiber especially the ones rich in viscous fiber. The best way to get fiber is eat plant food like leafy vegetables and fruits. Legumes are the best source of fiber. You can eat cereals like eats to get the required fiber content. . Start your day with a bowl of oats or fruit salad.
- Try to cut excess carbohydrates from your diet. Don’t entirely skip them instead eat limited amounts so that carbohydrates need of body is taken care of. Cut down 2-3 roti’s to 1.
- Avoid sugar and sweetened drinks. Belly fat can be reduced with a controlled diet.
- Eat more protein as it is a long term strategy to reduce that extra flab from your stomach. Increase the intake of high protein foods like eggs, seafood, legumes, nuts, whole grains and dairy products.
- If you have a lot of weight to lose then there is nothing as such spot reduction. Initially you need to lose weight and once you get thin then you can work on particular areas for a better physique.
- Sleep is the most important factor. If you are not getting enough sleep and you are just rigorously working out then this can exhaust you up. This can do more harm to body. You end up eating more to gain energy. Try to get 6-8 hours of sleep so that body can get proper rest after the workout.
- Drink a lot of water in order you keep yourself satiated and hydrated. Drinking water time to time will prevent you from mistaking thirst with hunger. Moreover it flushes out toxins from body. Lemon with lukewarm water in morning works great in churning the fat from belly. Before sleeping don’t forget to drink a glass of warm water to get better results.
- Become a salad person and make them the star of your meals as they fill up your stomach and have lower calorie content.
- Have a light dinner like a soup, salad or a glass of juice/milk. Sleep early as staying awake for late can make you feel hungry.
- Always make sure to eat something healthy when you wake up and before starting the workout as it gears up your body metabolism and maintains it.
These simple Workouts and easy tips if followed properly you can surely get that sexy toned belly of your dreams!!